Monday, April 29, 2013

No, But's!

First a personal anecdote:

After moving to NYC, I started imagining quite idly (as is my wont) how I would have felt if the moving van had careened off a bridge and exploded with all our personal belongings. Sure, we'd get compensated in the form of insurance money, but what about irreplaceable items? I asked Sara at the time what she'd be the most upset about losing. As she thought about it, I offered mine.

"Galaxy Revolt," I said.

"What the hell is that?"

"My science-fiction novel I wrote when I was eleven."

"Oh. I was going to say our wedding album."

Heh heh. Right. Wedding album. Of course! I mean, I was going to say that next. 

So breathe a sigh of relief, me hearties, that the moving van didn't explode in a giant fireball of GALAXY REVOLT-consuming dimensions. We're ALL winners now!!


And what do we win? Uh..... a bunch of guys making a big solar ball. And how big will this solar ball be?

"I don't know I big as we can make it with these five guns." said Craig incoherently.

Here's a picture of five guns so those at home won't get confused.


But what's this? Rex the robot confesses that firing a gun is beyond his capabilities. But upon threat of being melted down, Rex slowly removes his robot tampon and learns how to fire a gun. This heartwarming tale brought to you by the GRA (Galaxy Rifle Association).

Next week: A huge solar ball is made! Rex is melted down anyway! Everyone cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment