Friday, September 13, 2013

Double Vision

Today's JOHNSON FOLLIES gives compelling, and damning, evidence that it was I who came up with the idea for that Foreigner song.


That's right. The guy from Foreigner broke into my house, rifled through these pads of terrible cartoons, and saw the image of a weirdo multiplied in the shades of a groovy negro.

"Aha! Double vision!" that guy from Foreigner said. "What a great name for a song! And album!"

So don't let anyone tell you to stop chasing your dreams. Someday even you will write a song by Foreigner. It's just the law of averages.

Next Week: I'm hot-blooded, check it and---

Wait.

Wait.

Okay, after further research, I see that Foreigner actually wrote "Double Vision" in 1977, two years before this cartoon.

Oh, and that Foreigner guy's name--the one who broke into my house and read my cartoons?--his name is Lou Gramm. I swear, if I ever meet up with him at a local state fair...

But, whatever. Continue to chase your dreams, people.

(Don't bother to chase your dreams, further research shows.)

No comments:

Post a Comment