Monday, June 3, 2013

The Silence Thinks You're Rude

In this GALAXY REVOLT we are introduced to a new character, Kiligula! All hail the GREAT SHOUTER!!


In ancient Rome, Caligula meant "Little Boots" because Caligula wore his boots while dating horses, and they were little. Latin!


However, in the language of Ecan, Kiligula means, "He Who Shouts For No Reason."

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO DON'T YOU!!

Came the answer: YEAH!!

Apparently, Kiligula is the king of the Ecans and also a rock star into call-and-response.

IT'S GREAT TO BE HERE ON PLANET ECAN!!

YEAH!! *bics lifted*

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GET ME A SODA FROM THE VENDING MACHINE!!!

HELL YEAH!!!

Then again, maybe Kiligula yells because Mom was at the top of the stairs bellowing for him to come upstairs for dinner. "BUT, MOOOOOM, I'M WRITING A RIDICULOUS NOVEL!"

As a grammatical aside, I feel compelled to point out the bizarre modifier/prepositional phrase/noun construction of: "Meanwhile in a dark just a few miles away cavern..." While I was admittedly just a wee lad when I wrote this junk, I have to admit some of it is so bad it comes off as if English was my third or fifteenth language.

Then again, maybe this could be the start of a hot new style for today's literary set.

"The brown about to be flushed away turd."

"Why don't you out by the bike racks make me?"

"These new bowtie Budweiser give my life meaning cans!"

Next Week: Kiligula mistakes Rex for a horse. Uh-oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment